Bath Pickleball Club
Bath Pickleball Club Bylaws
Name: The name of the organization shall be Bath Pickleball Club. Bath Pickleball Club is a financially and organizationally independent club.
Purpose: The purpose of the Club is to promote friendship and camaraderie through the game of Pickleball. Our motto “fun... friends ... fitness.”
Summer Pickleball: The Club runs summer session pickleball at the courts in Bath from approximately May to October (weather dependent).
Winter Pickleball: In conjunction with Loyalist Township we assist in implementing and managing the winter session pickleball at various elementary schools from approximately October to May
Annual Club Membership: Annual Club membership offers members; initial pickleball training, temporary loan of paddles for beginner players, balls, access to Club email communications and updates, priority winter session registration, weather alerts, certain discounts at local stores and other benefits. Membership runs from May to May the following year.
Non Members: Non members (visitors) may pay a daily fee for outdoor summer play and have none of the benefits of an annual Club membership. Due to facility limitations visitors are not permitted for indoor play. Registered indoor players only.
Governance: The Executive Committee of the Club comprises a President, Vice President, and Secretary/Treasurer. There are also four appointed Directors. The term of the Executive Committee is two years – August to August two years hence. In order to ensure continuity, the Vice President automatically becomes President.
Duties of the Executive: The duties of these positions are:
- President: The President shall preside over all Club meetings and be accountable for the overall operation of the Club.
- Vice President: The Vice President shall act as President in the absence of the President. The Vice President shall perform other duties as may be assigned by the President. Sixty days prior to the conclusion of the President's two year term the Vice President will organize a nominating committee to recruit for new Executive and Directors.
- Secretary/Treasurer: The Secretary/Treasurer will maintain records of paid members, manage financial obligations of the Club, and any other assigned duties.
Duties of the Directors: The duties of these positions are:
- Director Township Liaison. This Director is responsible for liaison with the Loyalist Township Parks and Recreation Department for all matters including; winter indoor Pickleball, notices in Township Recreation Guide, lobbying for facility improvements and other duties to enhance the Club.
- Director Equipment Manager: This Director is responsible for the efficient and timely management of the Club equipment (setting up of nets, taking down nets), adequate supply of balls and other assigned duties.
- Director Communications: This Director is responsible for email communications, website, and weather reporting. Other duties may be assigned.
- Director Special Events: This Director is responsible for the annual Club in house tournament, the annual fall banquet and any other special events.
Role of the Membership: The membership has three important roles which are:
- Living up to the Club's “Pickleball Rules of Safety and Etiquette” (see separate page on this website)
- Abiding by the club's Code of Conduct for members. (see separate page on this website)
- Providing volunteer assistance when requested to the Executive and the Directors. The role of the Directors is to organize the necessary work, acquire assistance as required, implement and be responsible to the Executive. This requires a clear understanding by all Club members that if we have problems acquiring volunteers that they may be asked directly to help out. The Club is confident that this will not be a problem as it is fair to all Club members.
Membership: Any adult eighteen years old or older may become a member by paying annual dues and abiding by the spirit, policies and the bylaws of the Club. Membership is a privilege not a right. In certain unusual situations including facility limitations, member failure to comport themselves appropriately, or failure to adhere to The Bath Pickleball Club Member Code of Conduct, as defined by the Executive Committee, new member applications or existing member renewals may be declined. Anyone whose membership is declined or cancelled is not allowed "guest" privileges nor allowed on the outdoor courts during Bath Pickleball club hours of scheduled play.
Fees: Annual Club fees and policies are reviewed and published periodically. Fees are to be set at a level to fund normal Club operations and to maintain a reserve fund that the Executive deems appropriate. Funds surplus to this will be used to subsidize various Club events. Annual Club fee includes summer and winter pickleball. Please note that there is currently a requirement for winter pickleball registration to be completed by each member with Loyalist Township and a $10 insurance fee payable to the Township. Non club members pay a winter equipment fee to the BPC of $10 on first night of play. There may be a cap on the total number of permitted registrations.
Membership Meetings: Membership meetings are held on an as required basis. The Executive will communicate via Club internal email announcing proposed new policy, requesting feedback and implementing policy. Every two years a general meeting to elect a new Executive will be held. If 10 Club members request a special meeting the Executive will accommodate this request within 10 days and provide access to the email communication system to any Club member to explain the reasons for the meeting.
Financial Disclosure: On an annual basis the Club will prepare and communicate to the Club membership the financial status of the Club.
Intellectual Property: Intellectual property, including but not limited to; domain names, web sites, website access, email lists, email access etc is the property of the Club and not any specific person.
Questions or Concerns: If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact any member of the Executive Committee.
Quorum: A quorum for Executive meeting shall consist of the President or the Vice President and one other member of the Executive Committee. A quorum for general membership meeting shall constitute at least ten members including either the President or the Vice President.