Bath Pickleball Club
Bath Pickleball Club Bylaws
Name: The name of the organization is Bath Pickleball Club. Bath Pickleball Club is a financially and organizationally incorporated not for profit entity staffed by all volunteers.
Purpose: The purpose of the Club is to promote friendship and camaraderie through the game of Pickleball. Our motto “fun... friends ... fitness.”
Summer Pickleball: The Club runs summer session pickleball at the courts in Bath from approximately May to October (weather dependent).
Winter Pickleball: In conjunction with Loyalist Township we assist in implementing and managing the winter session pickleball at various elementary schools from approximately October to May
Annual Club Membership: Annual Club membership offers members; initial pickleball training, temporary loan of paddles for beginner players, balls, access to Club email communications and updates, certain discounts at local stores and other benefits. Membership runs from May to May the following year.
Non Members: Adult (18+) non members (visitors) may pay a daily fee for outdoor summer play at their peril and have none of the benefits of an annual Club membership. Due to facility limitations visitors are not permitted for fall/winter play and only registered indoor players may participate.
Governance: The Executive Committee of the Club includes a President, Vice President, Treasurer, Membership Coordinator and elected Directors who are assigned duties and responsibilities. The term of the Executive Committee is two years – August to August. In the event of resignations, the EC at its discretion can appoint replacements or call for a special election. The President is limited to two consecutive terms or maintaining the confidence of the Executive Committee.
Duties of the Executive Committee: The duties of these positions are:
- President: The President shall preside over all Club meetings and be accountable for the overall operation of the Club. The President is also responsible for email communications, and the website.
- Vice President: The Vice President shall act as President in the absence of the President. The Vice President shall be responsible for liaison with the Loyalist Township Parks and Recreation Department for all matters including winter indoor Pickleball, notices in Township Recreation Guide, lobbying for facility improvements and other duties to enhance the Club. Sixty days prior to the conclusion of the President's term the Vice President will organize a nominating committee to recruit for new Executive and Directors. The Vice President automatically moves to the position of President
- Treasurer: The Treasurer will maintain records of paid members, manage the financial obligations of the Club, retain receipts for all financial transactions, manage petty cash, produce income and expense spreadsheets as may be required and any other assigned duties.
- Membership Coordinator: This position coordinates with the Treasurer and the main tasks associated with this position include maintenance of the master membership list in Excel, updating the Mailchimp distribution email list using the Mailchimp software, updating membership information for indoor and outdoor players, reconciling indoor Loyalist Township registration list with our indoor email mailing list, and monitoring the club Gmail account directing or responding to inquiries as appropriate.
Duties of the Directors: The duties of these positions currently are:
- Director Equipment Manager: This position is responsible for the efficient and timely management of the Club equipment (setting up of nets, taking down nets), adequate supply of equipment, coordinating with the Vice President to ensure a smooth running indoor season and other assigned duties.
- Director Special Events: This Director is responsible for the annual Club in house tournament, the annual fall banquet and any other special events.
- Director at Large: This position has no assigned responsibilities but is expected to help where required.
Role of the Membership: The membership has four important roles which are:
- Living up to the Club's “Pickleball Rules of Safety and Etiquette” (see separate page on this website) and all current Public Health Regulations and Guidelines
- Abiding by the Club's Code of Conduct for members. (see separate page on this website)
- Providing volunteer assistance when requested. The role of the Directors is to organize the necessary work, acquire assistance as required, implement and be responsible to the Executive. This requires a clear understanding by all Club members that if we have problems acquiring volunteers that they may be asked directly to help out. The Club is confident that this will not be a problem as it is fair to all Club members.
- All disputes are to be resolved internally or through binding third party arbitration.
Membership: Any adult eighteen years old or older may become a member by paying annual dues and abiding by the spirit, policies and the bylaws of the Club. Membership is a privilege not a right. In certain unusual situations including facility limitations, member failure to comport themselves appropriately, or failure to adhere to The Bath Pickleball Club Member Code of Conduct, as defined by the Executive Committee, new member applications or existing member renewals may be declined. Anyone whose membership is declined or cancelled is not allowed "guest or visitor" privileges nor allowed on the outdoor courts during Bath Pickleball club hours of scheduled play.
Fees: Club fees and policies are reviewed and published periodically. Fees are to be set at a level to fund normal Club operations and to maintain a reserve fund that the Executive deems appropriate. Funds surplus to this will be used to subsidize various Club events. Club fees covers summer pickleball only.
Please note that there is currently a requirement for fall/winter pickleball registrations to be completed by each player with Loyalist Township and a $10 insurance fee per session payable to the Township. All players in the fall/winter programs must pay a $5 equipment fee per session to the Bath Pickleball Club on each opening night.
Membership Meetings: Membership meetings are held on an as required basis. The Executive will communicate via Club internal email announcing new policy, or requesting feedback. Every year a general meeting (AGM) to elect retiring Executive Committee members will be held. If 10 Club members request a special meeting the Executive will accommodate this request within 10 days and provide access to the email communication system to any Club member to explain the reasons for the meeting.
Financial Disclosure: On an annual basis the Club will prepare and communicate to the Club membership the financial status of the Club.
Intellectual Property: Intellectual property, including but not limited to; domain names, websites, website access, email lists, email access etc is the property of the Club and not any specific person.
Questions or Concerns: If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact any member of the Executive Committee.
Quorum: A quorum for Executive meeting shall consist of the President or the Vice President and one other member of the Executive Committee. A quorum for general membership meeting shall constitute of at least ten members including either the President or the Vice President.